Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Admiral Grace Hopper to ZMC-2

Image credit

So far I've written 149 entries in this blog. Some of those were basically content-free, but others covered multiple topics, so that's a reasonable estimate for the number of things we've talked about. Some of the topics I focused on were predictable (for me anyway), like space history and structural failure, while some were a bit of a stretch, like nuclear physics and the Iranian hostage crisis. Some were fun and crossed over between multiple topics, like space, history, and nuclear bombs, or geology, natural history, and nuclear engineering. Some stuff was just weird. I think that I gave a passable description of orthodox Christian things, which is cool because that's not at all my area of expertise.

The top-five most popular posts of 2013 are as follows:
1) Naked mole rat
2) Space elevator
3) Aloha Airlines flight 243
4) The Hyatt Regency walkway collapse
5) Project Azorian

Given that greatest hits list, it sounds like animals, advanced space concepts, plane crashes, failure, and spy stuff are popular topics. Should I write more about these things? I mean, I can write about whatever I want, but presumably I do this for a reason. Feedback is appreciated, especially since the comboxes on this blog are typically pretty quiet.

The idea when I first started this blog was that I'd post daily, or as close to daily as feasible. That's probably not very realistic, and my actual on-base percentage was closer to 40%. That seems reasonable, and my objective for next year is to achieve something close to that but more evenly-spaced throughout the year. Thanks to everyone who's read this space so far, and I hope to see y'all back in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment